In this episode of PING, APNIC’s Chief Scientist Geoff Huston discusses Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite communications and the effects they are having on global Internet connectivity.
However, if the risks of LEO physics aren’t fully understood, this could be a wasted once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Read more about the issues in LEO and satellite communications on the APNIC Blog. Here are some recent articles of note:
- Getting hands-on experience with Starlink (Ulrich Spiedel)
- Everything, everywhere, all the time (for the Internet at least) (George Michaelson)
- Panel discusses satellite broadband in the Asia Pacific region at APRICOT 2023 (Geoff Huston, Dan York, Debopam Batterchee, Ulrich Speidel, Mike Puchol)
- How does Starlink compare to broadband (Mohamed Kassem)
- Fact checking Starlink’s performance figures (Martino Trevisan)
Subscribe and share your story
You can stream and subscribe to PING via the following channels:
If you’re interested in sharing your insights or research, please get in touch — we’re always looking for great stories from the community. And please do let us know what you think of the podcast as well as the APNIC Blog so we can keep improving.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.
how about transcribing podcasts for alternative reading?
Podcast transcripts are uploaded to the hosting site (blubrry.com) -I shall investigate what is happening which prevents them being visible. Thank you for notifying me about the problem.