Applications for the APNIC Fellowship 2023 program are now open.
APNIC is offering a limited number of fellowships to participate in an online, structured program that will run over five months, and to participate in the APNIC 56 conference.
Fellows will also have the opportunity to be matched with a community mentor for a one-on-one mentoring session.
Areas of interest
Successful fellows will select a specific area of interest to focus their online learning and develop a holistic overview of APNIC and Internet governance before participating in APNIC 56. Areas of interest include:
- IPv6 deployment
- Internet routing/RPKI
- Information/network security
Your existing level of experience in the chosen area of interest can be from beginner to advanced.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- A customized program of fellows-only presentations from industry experts with opportunities for Q&As.
- Introduction to a community mentor in their area of interest.
- Support to complete several APNIC Academy courses.
- Certificate of achievement.
If successful applicants complete at least 80% of the online structured program, they will be eligible to attend the APNIC 56 conference and will also receive the following:
- An economy class return (two-way) air ticket to the workshop and/or conference week.
- Twin-share hotel accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the workshop and/or conference week.
- Expenses scholarship of between AUD 100 to AUD 150 (upon successful completion of the fellowship).
- Daily (or as required) briefings.
- Complimentary registration to the workshop and/or conference week.
- Complimentary attendance to all workshop and/or conference week social events.
Applicants should note there are an estimated 8 to 12 hours of commitment required between April and August 2023. If you meet the eligibility criteria for attending the APNIC 56 conference, you are expected to be available for travel to the event.
Before you apply
Fellowships are popular and competitive. If you’re keen to apply, please read the information on the website carefully to understand what is required for a successful application.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 23:45 (UTC +10).
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.