Applications for APNIC Fellowships 2022 are now open.
APNIC is offering a limited number of fellowships to participate in an online, structured program that will run over five months, and to participate in the APNIC 54 conference.
Fellows will also have the opportunity to be matched with a community mentor for a one-on-one mentoring session.
Areas of interest
Successful fellows will select a specific area of interest to focus their online learning, as well as getting a holistic overview of APNIC and Internet governance before participating in APNIC 54.
- IPv6 Deployment
- Internet Routing/RPKI
- Information/Network Security
Your existing level of experience in the chosen area of interest can be from beginner to advanced.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- A customized program of Fellows-only presentations from industry experts with opportunities for Q&A
- Introduction to a community mentor in their area of interest
- Support to complete several APNIC Academy courses
- Certificate of achievement (upon successful completion of the fellowship)
- Expenses scholarship of AUD 150 (upon successful completion of the fellowship)
If the APNIC 54 conference has a face-to-face component, successful applicants will also receive the following:
- An economy class return (two-way) air ticket to the workshop and/or conference week
- Twin-share hotel accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the workshop and/or conference week
- Daily (or as required) briefings
- Complimentary registration to the workshop and/or conference week
- Complimentary attendance to all the workshop and/or conference week social events
- Conference t-shirt
Applicants should note there is an estimated 8 to 12 hours of commitment required between April and August 2022. If the APNIC 54 conference has a face-to-face component, you will be expected to be available to travel to the conference.
Before you apply
Fellowships are popular and competitive. If you’re keen to apply, please read the information on the website carefully to understand what is required for a successful application.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 25 March 2022 at 23:45 (UTC +10).
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.