APNIC participated at the 45th Asia Pacific Advanced Network Meeting (APAN 45) from 25 to 29 March 2018 in Singapore.
Hosted by the Singapore Advanced Research and Education Network (SingAREN), APAN 45 welcomed 367 participants from 39 economies in the region.
- Tashi Phuntsho conducted a Software Defined Network tutorial for around 70 participants and a Network/Internet Security tutorial for around 50 participants.
- Jamie Gillespie helped conduct a TRANSITS training session for around 20 participants.
- Che-Hoo Cheng gave a report on the two tutorials conducted by Tashi at the General Assembly.
- Che-Hoo met with representatives from the Myanmar R&E community, APAN, and Asi@Connect to discuss future training collaboration opportunities.
- Che-Hoo also met with APAN 46 host, REANNZ, about supporting the event, which will be held in Auckland, New Zealand in August 2018.
- Che-Hoo, Tashi, and Jamie took the opportunity to meet with APNIC Members from the research and education community to discuss their membership and resourcing needs.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.