Following on from last year’s success, TWNIC hosted the 2nd Taiwan Internet Forum in Taipei, Taiwan, from 12 to 15 December.
The three-day program encompassed the 2016 Global IPv6 Summit in Taiwan, the 27th Taiwan Network Information Centre’s Open Policy Meeting (TWNIC OPM), the 2016 Taiwan Network Operator’s Group (TWNOG), the 2016 Network Security Seminar and the 2016 Taiwan Youth Internet Forum.
- Geoff Huston gave the keynote presentation on the topic of measuring IPv6 deployment during the Global IPv6 Summit. Following his presentation, representatives from India (IRINN), Japan (JPNIC), Malaysia (Telekom Malaysia) and Viet Nam (VNNIC) provided updates on IPv6 deployment in their economies.
- George Kuo was part of a panel discussion on IP address management, during which he discussed IPv4 transfers.
- George was invited to join the TWNIC members’ meeting, where he provided an update on APNIC’s activities and answered questions about APNIC’s services.
- He also attended a meeting with IRINN, JPNIC, TWNIC and VNNIC, during which attendees shared information on whois data quality improvement.
- George met with several APNIC Members during and after the meeting to discuss their resource needs and shared information on APNIC’s activities and resource management policies.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.