APNIC hosted a booth and participated at CommunicAsia 2016, held in Singapore from 31 May to 3 June 2016.
With the theme “Connecting the future now”, CommunicAsia 2016 welcomed over 30,000 visitors and 1,100 exhibitors to learn about the latest technologies shaping the way we connect now and into the future.
- APNIC staff welcomed a number of current and potential Members to the booth, to help them with their membership and IP address queries.
- Sanjaya participated on a panel entitled “Understanding the scope and infrastructure needs for a faster consumer IoT adoption”, where he stressed the importance of adopting IPv6 as an essential component of IoT infrastructure.
- Sanjaya met with the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) to follow up on ASEAN’s IPv6 initiative.
- He also met with APNIC Member, SingTel, on mobile technologies, IoT connectivity and IPv6, and visited the SingTel Cyber Security Institute on potential collaboration activities.
- Nurul Islam presented on IPv6 network architecture for broadband access networks and IoTs at the “IPv6 Share and Learn 2016” session, hosted by the IPv6 Forum Singapore. Here Nurul discussed the design options for IPv6 in a broadband access network and the impact that IoT will have on this in order to support future growth.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.