Adli Wahid, APNIC’s Security Specialist attended the inaugural APCERT and OIC-CERT joint AGM and Annual Conference “Bridging the World – Go Cyber Green”, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 6 to 10 September 2015.
The four-day event included over a dozen workshops, the Annual General Meetings, closed meetings, breakout sessions and an Open Conference attended by 400 people. The event was part of Cyber Security Malaysia (CSM-ACE), a public-private-partnership driven event and a knowledge-sharing platform that recognizes contribution of individuals and organizations in the field of cyber security. APNIC was a Strategic Partner of the Conference.
- Adli Wahid officially participated in a MoU exchange ceremony between APCERT and APNIC at the CSM-ACE 2015 Gala Dinner
- Adli met with the CTO of Digicert Mr Arifuddin. Digicert is one of the licensed Certification Authorites in Malaysia. Mr Arifuddin invited Adli to Digicert office to speak to their staff about APNIC, RPKI/ROA and security trends in the region
- Adli was invited by CyberSecurity Malaysia, the home of the Malaysia CERT and Digital Forensics Lab, to give a presentation to 20 of their staff about RPKI, Ipv6 and DNS. MyCERT is in the steering committee of APCERT (Deputy Chair), CyberSecurity Malaysia is the permanent secretariat for OIC-CERT.
- Adli spoke about APNIC and the importance of being part of a security community at OWASP Malaysia Q3 Meet-up at University Kuala Lumpur
- Adli was invited to deliver talk about cyber security challenges & opportunities by the IT Division & Kulliyyah of ICT, International Islamic University Malaysia. IIUM is a member of APNIC and created their ROA recently
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.
I noticed how Digicert (the Malaysian company) and DigiCert (the US company) is written differently.