The 25th South Asia Network Operators Group (SANOG) conference was hosted by LEARN in Kandy, Sri Lanka, from 16 to 24 January 2015 in collaboration with the Information Technology Center at the University of Peradeniya.
SANOG is a non-profit forum for network operators in South Asia. APNIC’s Member Services Manager, Vivek Nigam, and Internet Resource Analyst, Pubudu Jayasinghe and Training officer, Shane Hermoso attended with support from APNIC consultant, Philip Smith.
APNIC staff activities included:
- Pubudu presented on Resource Certification and held a ROA session – explaining to Members what ROA is, the benefits of creating ROAs and assisting Members to create their ROA at SANOG. Following SANOG, APNIC met with several Members in Sri Lanka and helped them create their ROAs
- Providing Hostmaster support and consultation to Members during SANOG
- Vivek presented an update on APNIC activities and statistics
- Philip presented updated statistics on the growth of the Internet routing table
- Philip and Shane facilitated workshops and tutorials on topics including IPv6 transition strategies, BGP techniques for service providers, and security
- Vivek presented at the Internet Society’s ION sessions at SANOG on IPv6, giving an update on deployment throughout the APNIC region
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.