APNIC supported and participated in SANOG 39, held from 9 to 13 May in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The event welcomed over 270 participants to hear from speakers on topics including IPv6, routing security, and IXPs and peering. View the agenda for more information.
- Paul Wilson provided a welcome note at the opening plenary.
- Subha Shamarukh gave an update on IPv6 deployment in the region and Bangladesh.
- Vivek Nigam and Subha hosted a booth, welcoming several Members and answering their questions on APNIC membership, getting more IP addresses, and RPKI.
- Sunny Chendi and Paul took the opportunity to visit APNIC Members and the Minister of Posts and Telecommunications, discussing the importance of IPv6 deployment and routing security with RPKI.
- Terry Sweetser, Md Abdullah Al Naser, and Community Trainer Md Zobair Khan conducted the BGP and IPv6 Deployment workshop.
- Warren Finch and APNIC Community Trainer Shamim Reza conducted the Network Security workshop.
A recording of the event is available to view.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.