APNIC participated at the 33rd TWNIC IP OPM and TWNOG 4.0 meetings from 5 to 6 December 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan. TWNIC holds these regular meetings to discuss policies and developments relevant to the local Internet operator community.
At the OPM:
- APNIC Executive Council (EC) member and CEO of TWNIC, Kenny Huang, welcomed the participants to the OPM.
- APNIC EC Chair Gaurab Raj Upadhaya and Paul Wilson gave the opening remarks.
- Paul gave a keynote presentation on the future of IP address registries and Internet governance.
- Craig Ng gave a presentation on legal cooperation to overcome jurisdictional and territorial limits in cybercrime investigations.
- At the Cybersecurity SIG, Adli Wahid shared practical advice in his presentation on Practical Incident Response & Threat Intelligence.
- At the Policy SIG: Policy and Regulation, George Kuo presented an update on the APNIC Policy Development Process and current policy proposal implementations.
- George met with TWNIC representatives on topics including registry consistency, future ASN delegations, and RPKI and RDAP roadmaps.
- The APNIC EC held their fourth scheduled meeting of the year.
- Adli gave an update on the APNIC community honeynet project.
- APNIC provided sponsorship for the event.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.