APNIC proudly supported and participated at the third Sri Lankan Network Operators Group (LkNOG 3) conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from 2 to 4 October 2019.
The event welcomed 125 participants to hear speakers present on topics such as routing security and DNS defence. View the agenda for more information.
- Sanjaya gave a keynote presentation on strengthening Sri Lanka’s Internet infrastructure.
- Tashi Phuntsho presented on why it is important to secure Internet routing and how to work towards it with good filtering practices.
- Tashi conducted a hands-on RPKI deployment workshop to 33 participants, focusing on creating/publishing ROAs correctly, setting up RPKI validators, and configuring routers to filter against ROAs.
- Tashi also conducted a one-day tutorial on ‘Demystifying SDN’ to 38 participants.
- Sanjaya and Pubudu Jayasinghe met with several Members to better understand local Internet issues in Sri Lanka, with emphasis on IPv6 adoption, best practices, and Internet security.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.