APNIC proudly supported and participated at the 23rd Pacific Network Operators Group (PacNOG 23) in the Marshall Islands from 3 to 7 December 2018.
The event welcomed 72 participants from six economies around the Pacific to learn more about Internet technologies, network with their peers, and share information.
- Elly Tawhai gave a presentation about APNIC, the Policy Development Process, and the whois accuracy project, which ensures contact information is accurate and current.
- Warren Finch gave an ‘Introduction to Crypto Jacking’, discussing the use of web-based crypto miners and how the crypto miners could be used maliciously for crypto jacking.
- Sheryl (Shane) Hermoso presented an overview of ‘RPKI for secure Internet routing infrastructure’.
- Sheryl also delivered a tutorial on ‘Basic principles and introduction to IP network routing’ and together with Tohid Naslpak conducted a four-day workshop on IP Routing.
- Warren delivered a tutorial on ‘Introduction to network and Internet security’ and conducted a four-day workshop on the same topic.
- Elly also met with APNIC Members to discuss their membership and IP address needs.
PacNOG 24 will be held from 24 to 28 June 2019.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.