APNIC proudly supported and participated at the sixth Singapore Network Operators’ Group (SGNOG 6) meeting in Singapore on 20 July 2018.
The event welcomed 236 participants, a 28% increase in registrants from the 2017 event. Local and regional speakers discussed topics related to Internet and network security, network infrastructure and peering, the OTT challenge, and network automation and orchestration.
- Che-Hoo Cheng gave a presentation sharing his past experiences and current analysis of Internet Exchange development in the region.
- Wita Laksono assisted current and potential Members, answering their questions on membership and IP address requirements.
- Molly Cheam and Wita took the opportunity to visit APNIC Members based in Singapore to discuss their IP address needs and future opportunities for collaboration.
- Tashi Phuntsho conducted the SDN workshop for 20 participants. Discussion focused on real-world scenarios that can be operationalized, such as traffic steering, traffic engineering and configuration management through NETCONF and YANG.
- Tashi also conducted the Network Security workshop to 32 participants who discussed RPKI and were very interested in validation.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.