APNIC is today announcing a reduction in fees for all APNIC account holders.
The revised fee schedule, which will take effect from 1 January 2015, follows the commitment made by the APNIC Executive Council (EC) at APNIC 38 to review fees, and was approved by the EC at its meeting last week in Singapore.
- The changes will result in reduced fees for Members and Non-Members from 2015 and include:
– Changes to the fee calculation formula
– The minimum (base) Member fee will be reduced from $1,180 to $1,050
– The formula ‘Bit Factor’ will increase from 1.30 to 1.308
– The minimum Non-Member fee will be reduced from $1,357 to $1,200
- The current ‘IP Resource Application fee’ will be replaced with a reduced, once-only ‘Sign-Up fee’ for all new Members and all new Non-Member accounts.
– For new Members, the Sign Up fee will be $500 (compared to the old IP Resource Application fee of $1,750)
– For new Non-Members, the Sign Up fee will be $575 (compared to the old IP Resource Application fee of $2,000)
- New members requesting resources will no longer join as Associate Members, but instead will automatically join as a tiered member and pay the Annual Membership fee based on their approved resource delegation size
- All current Associate Members will become a tiered Member when receiving their initial resource delegation and pay their Annual Membership Fee based on the size of the delegation. Their Membership renewal date will be changed to the date they receive the resources.
- Reactivation fees will be reduced from $2,700 to $1,000 for Members, and reduced from $3,000 to $1,200 for Non-Members
- Existing account holders and new Members from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) will still be eligible for a 50% discount on the published fees
- There is no change to the National Internet Registry (NIR) / Confederation Premium.
The revised fee schedule will result in reductions for all Account Holders with the aim to provide the greatest benefit to the majority of Members, with smaller and new Members receiving sizable discounts. (Please note all figures quoted are Australian Dollars – AUD).
The fee changes follow the EC decision to halve the IP Resource Application fee in March 2013, meaning that in the past two years, the resource application fee for Members has been reduced from $3,500 to $1,750 to $500. All other APNIC fees have held steady since 2010.
All renewal notices sent from December 2014 (relating to resource renewals effective 1 January 2015 onwards) will reflect the new fee schedule.
The new Fee Schedule for Members and Fee Schedule for Non-Members documents provide more detail and are available here. Existing account holders can check how much their new renewal fees will be using the Fee Calculator in MyAPNIC. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is also available, and if you have any additional questions on how this will impact your fees, please contact the APNIC Helpdesk.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.