APNIC participated at CommunicAsia 2014 from 17 to 20 June 2014 in Singapore.
APNIC is a regular attendee at CommunicAsia. This year, APNIC hosted an Internet community booth with ICANN and Dot.Asia.
Preliminary event statistics indicate CommunicAsia attracted:
- 33,000 visitors, including 25,473 ICT trade visitors
- 1,282 exhibitors from 49 countries
APNIC staff activities included:
George Kuo, George Odagi, Sunny Chendi, and Wita Laksano attended the event to speak to visitors about Internet number resource queries and membership information. Approximately 157 APNIC Members visited the stand. The majority of the enquiries were about:
- The additional /22 of IPv4 space that Members can now receive
- Applying for IPv6 addresses
- The Member Referral function in MyAPNIC, which allows existing Members to apply for Internet number resources on behalf of their customers
- APNIC training activities in the region
They also welcomed Houlin Zhao, Deputy Secretary of the ITU, and Fadi Chehade, President and CEO of ICANN, to the booth.
APNIC extends its thanks to all the Members and other visitors who came to the booth. Congratulations also goes to Azleyna Binti Ariffin from APNIC Member, Jaring Communications, the winner of the lucky prize draw. You can view photos of the event on APNIC’s Flickr page.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.