The overarching theme of the event was ‘Emerging Technologies – Is Asia Pacific Ready for the Next Phase of the Internet?’.
- Terry Sweetser participated as a panellist in the session on ‘Australia’s Internet resilience extends beyond its borders’.
- Pablo Hinojosa moderated the session on ‘Multistakeholder governance for the future – where next and how to get there’.
- Paul Wilson participated as a panellist in the session on ‘Co-operation and Collaboration: NetThing and our opportunity to support the future of Internet governance’.
- APNIC provided Zoom support and the live stream for this event.
- Omar Ansari moderated the session on ‘Investing in professional development for a diverse workforce in APAC: challenges and opportunities’.
- Pablo participated as a panellist in the session on ‘Breaking security for ‘online safety’: What’s at stake for Asia Pacific’.
- Sylvia Cadena moderated the session on ‘Sustainability of Complementary Connectivity Initiatives’ and presented on the APNIC Foundation’s support in this area.
- Paul participated as a panellist in the session on ‘Evolving Internet governance for the next phase of the Internet’; in the Closing Plenary, which discussed ‘Ensuring regional priorities are reflected in the changing world of Internet governance’; and in the Parliamentary Track on ‘Where policy meets technology: Parliamentarians and the Technical Community’, which Sylvia moderated.
- Joyce Chen moderated the session on ‘Is fragmentation the future of the Internet and how can we resist?’, and was a speaker at the Parliamentary Track, ‘From local to global: Setting the scene for the annual IGF by including a regional perspective’ and the IGF Youth Track Workshop III session ‘Empowering Young People in navigating privacy, security, and freedom in the digital universe’.
- Pablo and Joyce also spoke at the yIGF session on ‘Meetup with Industry Experts: Navigating the Digital Career Labyrinth’.
The live stream of the entire event is available to view. Following the event, APrIGF 2023 participants were invited to the APNIC office for a welcome breakfast.
APNIC supported eight fellows from the Pacific to participate in the PacIGF 2023.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.