APNIC participated at the 31st Annual FIRST Conference in Edinburgh, Scotland, from 16 to 21 June 2019.
The Annual Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) Conference provides an opportunity for sharing goals, ideas and information on how to improve global computer security. It welcomed over 1,100 attendees, the highest attendance recorded so far.
APNIC’s Adli Wahid attended the FIRST Board Meeting and the Annual General Meeting. After four years of service to the community, Adli announced his retirement from the Board.
- Adli contributed to the development of training videos for FIRST.
- Adli presented on APNIC’s CSIRT engagements in the Asia Pacific during the Lightning Talks session.
- Klée Aiken participated in preliminary policy discussions at FIRST.
- Klée joined the Cyber Threat Response Clinic.
- Klée joined the GFCE Working Group B Taskforce on Incident Response meeting as an Advisory Board member and to contribute to work on Cyber Incident Response capacity building good practice and the CSIRT Maturity Framework.
- Adli and Klée met with APNIC Members, capacity building partners, and members of the wider Internet and incident response community.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.