APNIC staff participated at the 16th China Internet Conference last month, held in Beijing.
Hosted by the Internet Society of China, the three-day conference (11 to 13 July) attracted more than 500 guest speakers, 400 enterprises and institutions, and 100 experts, who discussed a range of topics surrounding the conference’s theme, “wide connection, new vitality and financial industry”.
APNIC Director General, Paul Wilson, and APNIC Foundation CEO, Duncan Macintosh, participated at the event.
Paul Wilson participated in several conference sessions, including:
- A presentation on the state of global IPv6 deployment, during the International Internet Innovation Development Forum.
- An opening address to the Internet Governance Research Forum, which was organized by CNNIC.
- A keynote speech on the Internet as an “ecosystem”.
Paul and Duncan also took the opportunity while in Beijing to meet and visit other organizations and members of the Chinese community, including:
- Executive leadership of CNNIC (including newly appointed CEO, Zeng Yu).
- CERNET (former APNIC EC members Prof Xing Li and Prof Ma Yan).
- The Chinese Academy of ICT (for a discussion of an MoU and a visit to their Internet measurement labs).
- KNET, ZDNS Co, and the Beijing Engineering Research Center.
- The China Internet Development Foundation.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.