APNIC staff attended LACNIC 22- LACNOG 2014 held in Santiago, Chile, 27 – 31 October 2014. Taking place in parallel with the event was the Global Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams, FIRST.
Attended by close to 400 network operators, government representatives, academics and civil society from 32 countries, the agenda of LACNIC 22 – LACNOG 2014 included challenges to security, strengthening the participation of all stakeholders in Internet governance, IPv6 and the IANA stewardship functions transition.
APNIC staff activities included:
- Attending the FIRST Technical Colloquium
- Meeting with LACNIC customer and registration services staff to exchange information about processes and procedures of member services daily tasks
- Presenting APNIC Update at LACNIC 22, in Spanish and English
- Participating in an IANA information session and the IANA consultation
- Attending LACNIC Public Policy Forum. Policies discussed were:
- LAC-2014-2: Modification to the text describing ASN distribution requirements . Author: Jorge Lam. This policy reached consensus and is currently at “last call for comments” stage.
- LAC-2014-3: Update to the Policy Development Process. Author: Ricardo Patara. This policy is still currently at “under discussion” stage
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.