The nomination period for the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) election opens today, 7 June 2023. The NRO NC performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC).
The term of Di Ma will expire on 31 December 2023. One individual from the Asia Pacific region will be selected to serve on the NRO NC/ASO AC for two years from 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2025.
Who can be nominated
Any individual residing within the Asia Pacific region may be nominated, with the exception of staff members of any Regional Internet Registry (RIR).
Self nominations are permitted.
The nominee must meet the following two eligibility criteria:
- Registered for APNIC 56
- Registered and attended (in-person or online) at least one of the immediate past eight APRICOT or APNIC conferences (not including the current conference):
- APNIC 55 with APRICOT 2023 in Manila, Philippines
- APNIC 54 in Singapore
- APNIC 53 Online
- APNIC 52 Online
- APNIC 51 Online
- APNIC 50 Online
- APNIC 49 with APRICOT 2020 in Melbourne, Australia
- APNIC 48 in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Roles, responsibilities, and time commitments for NRO NC members
The time commitments for members of the NRO NC (and by association, the ASO AC) can be quite considerable and include:
- Attending monthly meetings (held via video/teleconference) with the NRO NC, which are generally held at 12:00 UTC.
- Attending additional special meetings that can be called for any purpose at any time.
- Attending three conferences per year, being the first ICANN meeting of the year and two APNIC conferences.
- Participating in additional NRO/ASO committees.
- Joining and actively participating in the APNIC Policy SIG mailing list and Open Policy Meetings.
- Meeting with the APNIC Executive Council and the Policy SIG Chairs immediately following the Policy SIG meeting.
In addition to the above, meetings of the NRO NC and related committees are usually accompanied by briefing and background documents, which should be read to enable NRO NC members to actively participate in discussions.
How to nominate
To nominate a candidate for the position, please submit your nominations using the online form by 17:30 (UTC +10) on 7 August 2023.
Please contact the APNIC Helpdesk if you have any questions.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.