The nomination period for the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) election opens today, 8 June 2022. The NRO NC performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC).
The term of Shubham Saran will end on 31 December 2022. One individual from the Asia Pacific Internet community will be elected to fill this vacant seat on the NRO NC for two years from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2024.
Who can be nominated
Any individual residing within the Asia Pacific region may be nominated, with the exception of staff members of any Regional Internet Registry (RIR).
Self nominations are permitted.
The nominee must meet the following two eligibility criteria:
- Registered for the current conference (APNIC 54) with the registration form submitted before the start of the current conference. The deadline is 09:30 (UTC +8), Tuesday, 13 September 2022.
- Registered and attended at least one of the past eight APRICOT or APNIC standalone conferences (not including the current conference):
- APNIC 53 Online
- APNIC 52 Online
- APNIC 51 Online
- APNIC 50 Online
- APNIC 49 with APRICOT 2020 in Melbourne, Australia
- APNIC 48 in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- APNIC 47 with APRICOT 2019 in Daejeon, South Korea
- APNIC 46 in Noumea, New Caledonia
Roles, responsibilities, and time commitments for NRO NC members
The time commitments for members of the NRO NC (and by association, the ASO AC) can be considerable and include:
- Attending monthly meetings (held via video/teleconference) with the NRO NC, which are generally held at 12:00 UTC.
- Attending additional special meetings, which can be called for any purpose at any time.
- Attending three conferences per year, being the first ICANN meeting of the year and two APNIC conferences.
- Participating in additional NRO/ASO committees.
- Joining and actively participating in the APNIC Policy SIG mailing list and Open Policy Meetings.
- Meeting with the APNIC Executive Council and the Policy SIG Chairs immediately following the Policy SIG meeting.
In addition to the above, meetings of the NRO NC and related committees are usually accompanied by briefing and background documents, which should be read in order for NRO NC members to be able to actively participate in discussions.
How to nominate
To nominate a candidate for the position, please submit your nominations using the online form by 17:30 (UTC +10) on 8 August 2022.
Please contact the APNIC Helpdesk if you have any questions.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.