APNIC supported and participated in the 3rd ICANN APAC-TWNIC Engagement Forum and 37th TWNIC OPM, held in Taipei from 12 to 13 May 2022.
This hybrid event was organized by ICANN and Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC) to discuss common topics including Internet number resources, the DNS, cyber threats and cybersecurity, and RPKI implementation. The event welcomed around 600 participants (on-site and online) in total.
- Paul Wilson gave the opening remarks alongside Dr Vinton Cerf; Andrew Sullivan, Internet Society; Jia-Rong Low, ICANN APAC; Audrey Tang, Minister without Portfolio of Executive Yuan; Yau-Hwang Kuo, Minister without Portfolio of Executive Yuan; Wei-Chung Teng, National Communications Commission; and Yuh-Jye Lee, Chair of TWNIC. Watch the video of Paul’s remarks.
- Geoff Huston participated as a panellist in the session on ‘How to fulfill global public interest by means of the fundamental nature of the Internet?‘. Watch the video.
- Jamie Gillespie moderated the session on ‘Product Security Incident Response and Management‘ at the IP Opening Panel Discussion (OPM): Cyber Security SIG session. Watch the video.
- Sheryl (Shane) Hermoso participated as a panellist in the session on ‘Sharing Best Practices for DNS Resolvers‘. Watch the video.
- Pablo Hinojosa gave a presentation on ‘Internet Success Factors‘ in the IP OPM: Cooperation SIG session. Watch the video.
- Dave Phelan participated as a panellist in the ‘Challenge and Experience in Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Implementation‘ session. Watch the video.
- Adli Wahid presented on ‘Understanding Attackers’ Infrastructure’ in the Cyber Threat and Vulnerability Handling session. Watch the video.
- George Odagi gave an APNIC policy implementation update at the IP OPM: Policy SIG session. Watch the video.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.