APNIC proudly supported and participated at the 44th Japan Network Operators Group (JANOG 44) meeting in Kobe, Japan, from 24 to 26 July 2019.
The event welcomed around 1,600 delegates, the largest turnout so far to a JANOG event, to share information on topics including 5G, SDN, virtualization and cybersecurity. Visit the agenda for more information.
- George Odagi presented ‘Policies that changed the Internet’ on the history of policies at APNIC, why policies are important and how they affect you, how to get involved in the APNIC Policy Development Process (PDP) and current policy proposals at APNIC. Hiroki Kawabata from the Japan Network Information Centre (JPNIC) helped translate the slides into Japanese and assisted with translation in the discussion that followed.
- George and George Kuo engaged with:
- APNIC Members, on their Internet number resource needs.
- JPNIC, to discuss their recent activities and the upcoming Internet Week event in November.
- JANOG committee members to understand their needs for future events.
- Other JANOG participants, and shared information about the upcoming APNIC 48 conference in Chiang Mai.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.