APNIC proudly supported and participated at the eighth Malaysian Network Operators Group Meeting (MyNOG 8) in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, on 4 July 2019.
The event welcomed around 350 participants to hear from speakers on 5G, peering, traffic analysis and RPKI.
- APNIC hosted a booth and welcomed APNIC Members to answer their queries on APNIC membership and IP addresses.
- Sanjaya gave a presentation entitled ‘Next Generation Internet Number Registry Services’, covering RDAP and RPKI.
- Following a presentation by Cloudflare’s Tom Paseka, entitled ‘RPKI and Me‘, APNIC received additional queries about how to install RPKI validators. Zen Ng helped several APNIC Members create Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs) in MyAPNIC.
- APNIC held many one-on-one discussions with participants on various topics, such as:
- Increased engagement with the education sector
- Promoting network operation best practices to APNIC Members
- IPv4 exhaustion and address transfers
- Internet Exchange Points (IXPs)
- Internet traffic trends at data centres.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.