APNIC participated at ICANN 65 in Marrakech, Morocco, from 24 to 27 June 2019.
The second of three ICANN meetings per year, ICANN 65 is a policy meeting which is shorter in duration and focused on advancing policy discussion on current issues. High-interest topic sessions at the event included Policy Aspects of DNS over HTTPS (DoH); DNS over TLS; Evolving ICANN’s Multistakeholder Model; Impacts of the EPDP Phase 1 Recommendations on other ICANN Policies and Procedures; and Policies around Universal Acceptance.
- Paul Wilson and Pablo Hinojosa held meetings with government representatives, partner organizations and members of the APNIC community attending ICANN 65.
- RIR representatives met with the ICANN board to discuss implementation of the ASO Review, and participation in joint technical training activities.
- Paul attended a Europol-sponsored workshop for the law-enforcement community and spoke about IP address allocation and registration policies.
- A meeting was held with the China Academy of ICT, to discuss deployment of additional anycast rootservers in China.
- Paul and Pablo participated in the Cross Community Working Group on Internet Governance (CCWG-IG), where community and members of the ICANN Board discussed external developments and ICANN’s programme of work on Internet governance.
- Pablo participated in the session on ‘Evolving the Effectiveness of ICANN’s Multistakeholder Model’, where feedback was sought on a list of items to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bhadrika Magan participated in a two-day, face-to-face NRO Communications Coordination Group Meeting, which focused on RIR communications efforts for the upcoming 2019 IGF in Berlin and best practice sharing.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.