APNIC participated at LACNIC 31 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, from 6 to 10 May 2019.
The first of two annual conferences of the year for the Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry, LACNIC 31 welcomed more than 600 participants and included:
- Tutorials on IPv6 and RPKI
- The regular LACNIC Peering Forum
- The second edition of the LACNIC Technical Forum
- A FIRST Regional Symposium
- Sofia Silva Berenguer presented on APNIC’s external engagements at the ‘Building Community’ session. Instead of the usual RIR updates, this session focused on community engagement activities performed by the different Regional Internet Registries.
- Sofia also helped organize the Internet Measurement Tools BoF, to help understand the problems network operators struggle with in their day-to-day job, how they currently solve these problems, come up with use cases and identify improvements for existing tools and services.
- Sunny Chendi gave a presentation on the APNIC policy proposals currently being implemented. Sunny also attended the first RIR Policy Managers meeting to compare and share respective PDPs and discuss future collaboration activities with other RIRs.
- Vivek Nigam met with RIPE NCC, LACNIC and ARIN staff to discuss transfer service improvements.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.