APNIC participated at the 23rd Pacific Islands Telecommunications Association Annual General Meeting (PITA 23 AGM) and Annual Conference in Nadi, Fiji, from 8 to 12 April 2019.
The PITA 23 AGM welcomed 300 attendees representing ISPs, government and academia. Invited guest speakers shared their insights on the theme ‘Bridging the Digital Divide Final Barriers’ across several parallel tracks.
Supporting the Pacific’s Digital Transformation journey @ PITA AGM-23, with a great balanced panel : PITA, PTC, UNDP, APNIC, CTO and APT. pic.twitter.com/qfPeONza53
— Ioane Koroivuki (@inkoroivuki) April 11, 2019
- Paul Wilson gave a speech at the Opening and Welcome reception.
- In the Regulatory track, Elly Tawhai gave a presentation on what APNIC is and its role as a number registry, the Policy Development Process (PDP) and how the community can participate in the PDP.
- In the Internet for Development track, Paul gave a presentation covering the latest developments in IP address registry services, and their importance to Internet stability and security.
- At the same session, Elly gave a presentation on how IPv6 enables the sustainable growth of the Internet and provides possibilities for new services and business opportunities on large-scale IP installations.
- At the Cyber Security, Internet & Network Security, Safety and Privacy session, Jamie Gillespie gave a presentation entitled ‘DNS Security – a holistic view’, examining the complex interactions of the DNS system, from domain registration to name resolution, the security risks of each component, and the mitigation options currently available.
- Jamie also participated as a panellist on the Cyber Security Panel.
- Elly met with APNIC Members to discuss their Internet address and membership requirements.
- Paul met with partner organizations, government organizations and regulators.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.