Over 150 industry leaders, government representatives, academics, students, and Internet users attended the first Nepal Internet Governance Forum, Nepal IGF 2017, held in Kathmandu from 18 to 19 August 2017.
Organized by the Nepal Internet Society Chapter and the Department of Information Technology, with support from APNIC, the forum sought to facilitate inclusive and productive discussions on Internet-related public policy issues related to “Building Sustainable Internet Ecosystem in Nepal”, the event’s theme.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and smart cities
- Internet infrastructure and access, including IPv6 adoption
- Digital inclusion and human rights
- Management of .NP
- Sunny Chendi participated and presented at several sessions, including:
- Taking part in a panel discussion during the opening session on multistakeholder engagement.
- Organizing and facilitating a cybersecurity drill with Bikram Shrestha from Sanima Bank Nepal.
- Presenting on the Internet Ecosystem and explaining how the Internet works.
Following the IGF, Sunny facilitated a half-day Open Forum for APNIC Members, interested senior officials, community members, and the APRICOT 2018 organizing committee to discuss APNIC activities and share experiences.
During the forum, Sunny provided a brief overview on APNIC and its community capacity-building initiatives, and invited attendees to get involved in policy discussions at APNIC 44, as well as follow the meeting remotely. He also encouraged attendees to share their successes and challenges.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.