APNIC attended ARIN 37 in Montego Bay, Jamaica, from 17 to 20 April 2016.
ARIN 37 considered a range of policy issues and included updates from ARIN, a Members meeting, and reports from other RIRs including APNIC.
ARIN 37 policy update
- ARIN-2015-3: Remove 30-day utilization requirement in end user policy – this proposal moved to Last Call.
- ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks – this proposal was abandoned as there was insufficient community support.
- The following draft policies are still under consideration by the ARIN AC:
APNIC activities included
- APNIC’s Internet Policy Consultant, Adam Gosling, presented the APNIC Update on the activities of the Secretariat.
- Adam attended the ARIN Advisory Council meeting as an observer to better understand the ARIN Policy Development Process.
ARIN 38 will be held in Dallas, Texas, from 20 to 21 October 2016.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.