APNIC participated at the 51st Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Telecommunications and Information Working Group (APEC TEL 51) from 11-16 May 2015, in Boracay Island, Philippines.
APEC TEL works to improve telecommunications and information infrastructure in the Asia Pacific region by implementing cooperation strategies and development projects.
- APNIC Security Expert Adli Wahid presented on the “IPv6 Readiness Among APEC TEL Member Economies” in the Development Steering Group. The presentation highlighted indicators and measurements by APNIC Labs.
- He also presented:
- APNIC’s Cyber Security activities in the Security and Prosperity Working Group (SPSG), highlighting the areas in cyber security APNIC is involved in, partners and recent activities.
- The guest message in the second plenary in which he mentioned APNIC’s commitment to support and contribute to the future APEC TEL activities, especially in the area of IPv6 and cyber security.
- Was a facilitator in SPSG Workshop on APEC Cyber Security Framework
- Participated in APEC TEL Plenary 51, Symposium on Internet Economy and Workshop on Development of a safe and secure ICT use environment, and Workshop on Over-the-Top (OTT).
- Met with CERT representatives and APTLD to discuss collaborative activities and potential MoUs during the SPSG events.
Overall, it was a good opportunity to get an overview of what is happening in the APEC region. It was also an opportunity to meet local participants from the government and business sector, including APNIC Members, and update them about APNIC activities.
The next APEC TEL meeting will be in Auckland, New Zealand (19-23 October 2015).
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.