APNIC participated at the second Bangladesh Network Operators Group (bdNOG 2) in Cox’s Bazar, from 11 to 15 November 2014.
bdNOG is a forum for network operators to work together and share knowledge and experiences to held build a better Internet community in Bangladesh.
APNIC is a proud supporter and founding partner of bdNOG and formalized this support with a MoU during bdNOG 1 in May 2014.
- Sheryl Hermoso presented on Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) on 11 November, providing an overview of RPKI, the global deployment status of RPKI, and APNIC’s Resource Certification facility. Sheryl was also an instructor in the MPLS Technology and Application and DNSSEC Deployment workshops, joining G Z Kabir (BDCOM), Z H Jewel (DU), Fakrul Alam (bdHUB), Sumon Ahmed Sabir (Fiber@home), and F M Rashed Amin Biddut (Link3)
- At the opening plenary, Nurul Islam, who is the current president of bdNOG, gave a brief update of APNIC services and new service initiatives and invited the attendees to APNIC 42, which will be held in Dhaka from 6 to 16 September 2016. Nurul also presented on Prefix filtering design issues best current practices and joined Sheryl in the MPLS Technology and Application workshop
- The bdNOG 2 conference video archives are available to view
- Nurul met with the Bangladesh Research and Education Network (BDREN) and the Secretary of the Ministry of Education to discuss future training opportunities and collaboration
- Nurul and Sheryl also took the opportunity to talk with APNIC Members and answer question on Internet resource management
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.