APNIC participated at the 5th World Internet Conference (WIC 2018) in Wuzhen, China from 7 to 9 November 2018.
WIC 2018 welcomed around 1,500 participants representing international organizations, industry leaders and academics, including government delegates from 76 economies in the region, to discuss the theme, ‘Creating a Digital World for Mutual Trust and Collective Governance — Towards a Community with a Shared Future in Cyberspace’.
- Paul Wilson participated in the High Level Advisory Committee, which released the Wuzhen Outlook.
- Paul spoke at a panel that included many foundations in China about ‘poverty alleviation’, where he emphasized the importance of investment in human and financial capital to ensure the Internet can be accessible to everyone.
- Paul and Pablo Hinojosa
- attended a panel about Cybernorms.
- met with government delegates, Internet pioneers and other participants.
- met with members of the Chinese community, government, technical and private sector.
- met with representatives of the UN High Level Panel on Digital Cooperation.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.