Over 300 people attended the two-week summit, which provides a forum for many African Internet community organizations including AfNOG, AFTLD, African CERTs, and AF-IX, as well as a large number of technical training workshops.
AFRINIC 26 considered a range of policies and included updates from ICANN, ISOC, regional NOGs, and other RIRs, as well as elections for members of the ASO AC and the AFRINIC Board of Directors (BoD).
- Paul Wilson gave updates on policy developments in the APNIC region during the Public Policy session, and on APNIC’s activities and new service initiatives at the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) Global Updates session.
- APNIC and AFRINIC staff met to discuss cooperative projects and staff exchange activities between the two RIRs.
- APNIC staff participated in many of the AIS/AFRINIC sessions, including the African Government Working Group (AGWG), Public Policy discussions and the AFRINIC Annual General Meeting.
- Craig Ng assisted as a scrutineer during the AFRINIC BoD election.
- The APNIC Executive Council (EC) held a joint meeting with the AFRINIC Board where they discussed a range of topics including their structures; committees; budget and activity planning; membership growth and trends; government outreach activities; the APNIC Foundation; and future collaboration opportunities.
- The APNIC EC held its quarterly face-to-face meeting (which at this time of the year is often held with another RIR event).
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.