APNIC has established the ISIF Asia Internet Operations Research Grants: an 60,000 AUD fund to support independent research on Internet operations, infrastructure and related protocols.
The fund will support the development of an Internet research community whose results can improve the availability, reliability, and security of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region, and widen its coverage, applications and benefit for the community.
Applicants can apply for an amount between AUD 5,000 and AUD 60,000 based on the research needs, a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget. Successful applicants will also receive mentoring and support from the selection committee members to encourage knowledge generation and collaboration.
Who should apply?
Members of Network Operators Groups (NOGs), members/partners of IXPs, operators of rootservers, and academics and postgraduate students are encouraged to apply. The fund is open to all relevant topics of interest, however applicants may wish to prepare research proposals in the following areas:
- Network measurement and analysis
- IPv6 deployment
- BGP routing
- Network security
- Peering and interconnection
Grants applications open 9 September 2015
Grant applications close 15 October 2015
Selection committee review 16-31 October 2015
Announcement of successful application/s 10 November 2015
Applications accepted for full review will be scored by all Committee members based on selection criteria. Only proposals accepted by full consensus of the Selection Committee will be granted funding. The proposals will be assessed based on the criteria below:
- Aligned with Research grants purpose/scope
- Clear benefit for Internet operations
- Clear objectives, well structured methodology
- Demonstrated research capacity
- Potential for growth/further development
- Engagement within the community relevant to this research
- Addressing research needs that have been clearly identified
- Relationship with other existing projects at a regional/global level
- Realistic timeframe proposed
How to apply
Visit www.isifasia/researchgrant for full terms and conditions, and the online application form.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.