During APNIC 38, the APNIC Member Meeting (AMM) approved the formation of a new APNIC Special Interest Group (SIG) that would serve as the APNIC venue for the discussion of Public Policy and Internet Governance issues that are relevant to our community.
Cooperation SIG Mailing List
The three acting Co-Chairs recently issued a call for community members to participate in the new SIG by subscribing to the mailing list.
- Participate by joining the Cooperation SIG mailing list
- Read the Cooperation SIG mailing list archive
Call for Chair and Co-Chair Nominations
According to the APNIC SIG Guidelines, the terms of the Acting Co-Chairs will expire at the first meeting of the SIG. The first SIG meeting will be held at the APNIC 39 Conference in Fukuoka, Japan. At this first meeting, the SIG participants will be asked to elect an inaugural Chair and Co-Chair.
The APNIC Secretariat recently issued a Call for Nominations, seeking volunteers able to take these exciting new roles in the APNIC community. Nominations closed at 23:59 (UTC+10) on Monday, 2 March 2015.
- Read about the SIG Chair responsibilities
Cooperation SIG (Draft) Charter
The first SIG meeting is also important as the SIG Charter will be agreed, this will set the direction for all future activities of the SIG. The wording of the Draft Charter is as follows:
- The Cooperation SIG is a forum for discussion about broader Internet issues like Public Policy and Internet Governance, which are related to APNIC community interests, but which involve governments, other organizations, and other communities.
- The Secretariat will report to the SIG about APNIC’s outreach activities and seek advice and guidance on future activities.
- The SIG will act as a forum to develop and clarify the APNIC community’s position on issues of relevance to the public sector, or on matters for which a community position has been sought.
- The SIG should focus on information sharing, outreach, capacity building, and other activities that will advance APNIC’s vision for a global, open, stable, and secure Internet.
Discussion of the Draft Charter can be made on the mailing list, or at the Cooperation SIG meeting.
Inaugural Meeting at APNIC 39
The first meeting of the Cooperation SIG will be held at 11:00 (UTC+9) on Tuesday, 3 March 2015 in Fukuoka, Japan during APNIC 39. Remote participation tools will be provided.
The agenda is still being finalized, but you can follow development of the agenda on the APNIC 39 conference website.
More information on the Cooperation SIG
- You can visit the Cooperation SIG home page
- Read about the Cooperation SIG BoF
- Watch video of the APNIC 38 BoF
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.