APNIC hosted a booth at the CommuniCast 2016 exhibition in Yangon, Myanmar, from 6 to 8 December 2016.
Held for the third year, CommuniCast 2016 welcomed over 2,500 visitors, with 78 exhibitors from 22 countries participating.
- At CommuniCast 2016, Vivek and Pubudu met with several Myanmar Members to discuss their IP address and membership needs.
- During the event, there were many Members who created ROAs, increasing the amount of ROA coverage in Myanmar from 18% to 43%
- There were also a few Members who were approved for their first block of IPv6 address space
- Several Members updated their whois registration details and many new ISP license holders came to the booth to clarify their understanding of the APNIC membership application process.
- Before the event, APNIC held a Member Gathering, with 26 participants from 16 Member organizations attending. During the Member Gathering, Vivek Nigam and Pubudu Jayasinghe gave a presentation on the following:
- Regional trends
- APNIC services update
- Comparison of membership, resources and RPKI in Myanmar between 2015 and 2016
- IPv4 depletion and how Members can manage this through transfers, referrals, and deploying IPv6
- Routing security.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.