APNIC participated at the 2017 Malaysian Internet Exchange and Malaysian Network Operators Group Conference (MyIX and MyNOG 2017) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 26 October 2017.
Welcoming 232 participants, the agenda focused on Internet security related topics, including IP ServerOne’s ‘DDoS mitigation experience’ with Cheung Lee, ‘The stakes have changed – the changing security landscape’ by Arbor Network’s Tony Teo, and ‘What happens in our backyards – cybersecurity threats landscape’ by CyberSecurity Malaysia’s Megat Muazzum Abdul Mutalib.
- Sanjaya gave an update on APNIC’s services and activities.
- Brenda Buwu presented on APNIC’s RPKI service, which helps secure inter-domain routing.
- APNIC hosted a booth, welcoming Members and answering their questions on membership and IP address requirements.
- APNIC also helped conduct the ‘Introduction to MPLS workshop’, which was held from 23 to 25 October for 15 participants.
- Sanjaya took the opportunity to visit APNIC Members based in Kuala Lumpur to discuss their IP address needs and future opportunities for collaboration.
The views expressed by the authors of this blog are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of APNIC. Please note a Code of Conduct applies to this blog.